Where To Stay in Gdansk ; The Best Neighborhoods & Amazing Hotels
Gdansk is a city in northern Poland that is quickly gaining popularity as a tourist destination. With its beautiful old town, stunning waterfront, and delicious food, it’s no wonder people are falling in love with this charming city.
If you’re planning on visiting Gdansk in the near future, then you’re probably wondering where to stay. In this blog post, we will recommend some of the best neighbourhoods and hotels in Gdansk!
If you’re looking for the best place to stay in Gdansk, old town is the perfect choice. There’s plenty to see and do in this historic part of the city, and you’ll be able to find a great selection of hotels and guesthouses to suit your budget.
The central location is ideal for exploring all that Gdansk has to offer, and you’ll be able to find a wide range of restaurants and bars in the area. Whether you’re looking for a romantic break or a family holiday, old town is the perfect place to stay.
Best Apartment – Tobiasz Residence by Welcome Apartments
- Centrally located in the heart of Gdańsk
- Close to all main tourist attractions
- Fully equipped apartments with modern amenities
- Bicycle rental service available on-site
- Paid airport shuttle service
- Free WiFi and free private parking
Best Mid-range – Chleb Love Wonderland
- Conveniently located near popular tourist attractions
- Offers beautiful views of the river and garden
- Fully equipped kitchenette for all your cooking needs
- Flat-screen TV for entertainment and relaxation
- Air conditioning – for a comfortable stay
- Free Wi-fi & parking
Feeling fancy? Radisson Blu Hotel Gdansk is the perfect place to indulge in luxury.
Hotel features modern interiors, stunning city views and stylishly designed rooms with free Wi-Fi and bathroom floor heating. How cool is that?
Indulge in a delicious meal at elegant restaurant, Verres en Vers, specialising in French cuisine and with a wide wine selection.
Experience luxury at its finest!
Best Budget – BCN Waterlane
- A modern and spacious self-catering accommodation right by the Gdańsk Marina
- Free WiFi access and views of the garden
- Close to the main attractions
- Fully equipped kitchen and private bathroom
- Access to a gym and sauna in the apartment building.
Best Luxury – Hotel Gdanks Boutique
- Stay in a beautifully restored eighteenth-century granary and modern marine-style building.
- Stylish and comfortable rooms with a beautiful view of the yacht marina and the Old Town
- Selected by FC Barcelona as their accommodation during their stay in Gdańsk
- Excellent traditional Polish dishes and international specialties served in the hotel’s own restaurant
- Quality award-winning beer brewed on site at the Brovarnia Gdańsk cafe
- Free Wi-fi & Paking
If you’re looking for a district in Gdansk that tries to combine tradition with modernity, then Wrzeszcz is the place for you. This district is home to a bustling business and shopping center, as well as Park Jaskowa Dolina – a beautiful green space perfect for a leisurely stroll or picnic.
There are also plenty of hotels and Airbnbs in the area, so you’ll be able to find somewhere comfortable to stay. Whether you’re interested in history or modern amenities, Wrzeszcz has something to offer everyone.
Best Budget – Lofty Kampus Garnizon
- City view and free WiFi at this Gdańsk aparthotel
- Shared lounge area provides an opportunity to meet fellow travelers
- Close to attractions like Gdansk Zaspa, Olivia Hall, and Oliwa Cathedral
- Rated as a favorite among couples
Best Apartment – Apartamenty na Uphagena
- Sophisticated interior design and street view on the charming Uphagena street
- Accessibility to the city and main attractions
- Clean, bright, fully equipped apartment
- Cozy and quiet part of the city, train station nearby, good commute to the city center
Elite Pomerania Apartments Gdańsk offers a unique opportunity to experience the city of Gdańsk like a local.
You’ll have everything you need right at your fingertips – from sandy beaches and trendy restaurants, to artsy districts and vibrant nightlife.
You'll find everything you need here, whether you're in town for business or pleasure.
Best Mid-range – TriApart Zajezdnia Wrzescz
- Newly built and furnished apartments
- Affordable prices for comfortable and stylish accommodation
- Excellent location with close proximity to beach, city center and stadium
- Beautiful views over the city from the apartment balcony
- Fully equipped kitchen for self-catering with all mod cons
- Washing machine to help you keep on top of your laundry
Srodmiescie It’s full of picturesque streets with tenement houses, squares, and cafes that will give you a taste of the city’s rich history as one of the largest merchant cities. You’ll also find here the fountain with the sculpture of Neptune, the Artus Court, and the House of Peplins’ Abbots.
You’ll get a sense of Gdansk’s bourgeois past, by looking into some of the tenement houses, decorated in the old style. This part of town is also home to some of the best clubs and restaurants, so you’ll never be far from the action.
And if you’re looking for a place to stay, there are plenty of hotels in the area. So whether you’re looking for a night out on the town or a quiet evening in your hotel room, the Srodmiescie district is the perfect place for you.
Best Budget – Hostel Universus
- Beautifully renovated historic building
- 100 yards from popular tourist destination
- Sunny rooms with free WiFi
- Warm colors and wooden floors in each room
- Shared kitchen and lounge area
- 2-minute tram ride from city’s main railway station
Best Apartment – Apartamenty Sowa Gdansk
- Modern stylish apartment with gigh cellings
- Picteresque views of over the main street
- experience buzz and excitment of being in the heart of the city
- great value for money
- cafes, restaurants, shops at your fingertips
Are you looking for a unique and charming place to stay in Gdańsk?
Old Gdańsk No 8 is located in the heart of the city and offers guests beautiful views of the surrounding area.
You will love convenient location – just a short walk from some of the most popular attractions in Gdańsk.
Best Mid-range – IBB Hotel Gdanks
- Centrally located in the heart of Gdańsk
- Comfortable and spacious rooms with private bathrooms
- A la carte breakfast available each morning
- A variety of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, casino, and room service
- Free Wi-fi
- Close to popular tourist attractions
Best Luxury – Gotyk House Hotel
- Unique, one of a kind architecture and design
- Centrally located in the heart of the town
- Modern amenities and facilities
- Close to all major attractions
- Perfect for couples or solo travelers
- Plenty of on-site amenities like a terrace, library, and souvenir shop
This picturesque neighborhood is home to the city’s famed cathedral, as well as a large park perfect for romantic strolls. But the Oliwa district is more than just a pretty face; it’s also the greenest part of Gdansk and boasts excellent transport links.
And when it comes to accommodation, you’ll be pleased to know that budget-friendly options are available. So if you’re looking for a romantic escape, the Oliwa district is the place to be.
Best Budget – Hotel Olivia
- Ideal location for business or leisure travelers
- Hotel is situated close to Gdańsk International Fair building and the University of Gdansk
- Offers comfortable accommodation with satellite LCD TV and free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary breakfast every morning
- Restaurant open for lunch and dinner, features healthy, organic meals
Best Apartment – Apartment Oliwa Centrum
- The perfect place for a city break – close to all the attractions
- Fully equipped with everything you might need
- Close to the train station and plenty of convenient public transport connections nearby
- Free private parking and WiFi
- Modern, stylish design
Best Mid-range – Oliwska Dolina
- Peaceful surroundings with easy access to city attractions
- Cozy and comfortable rooms with modern amenities
- Children’s playground for the younger guests
- Historical 17th-century manor house
Granary Island in Gdansk, Poland is a truly stunning place to stay. With its romantic walks, cruises, and clubbing, it’s no wonder that this island is such a popular destination. And what’s more, the hotels on Granary Island offer gorgeous views of the waterfront.
The island is also home to beautiful restaurants with mesmerizing views, perfect for a candlelit dinner. If you’re looking for a more lively atmosphere, there are clubs and bars on the island as well. And of course, you can’t forget the history.
Granary Island has been around for centuries, and it shows in its architecture. If you’re looking for a place to stay that has it all, Granary Island is a perfect choice.
Best apartment – Hopfen by Little Haven
- 6 minutes walk from city center
- WiFi and private parking available
- Flat-screen TV and private bathroom in each apartment
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, and fridge
- Paid airport shuttle service
Best Mid-range – Holiday Inn Gdanks City Centre
- Super cool location in the heart of the city
- Delicious breakfast
- Boat trip just around the corner
- Sky bar with a breathtaking views
- Underground parking
This cozy district of Gdanks’s town is situated directly by the sea, so you can wake up to the sound of waves crashing against the shore every morning. Park Reagan is nearby and offers a huge playground for kids, while Ergo Arena is perfect for sports lovers who want to catch a game or two.
And of course, there are plenty of bicycle trails and beaches to explore. While Jelitkowo may not be the cheapest place to stay, it’s definitely worth it for the stunning views and incredible amenities.
Best Mid-range – Novotel Gdansk Marina
- Luxurious, smoke-free accommodations just steps from the beach
- Free Wi-Fi, cable TV, and work desk in each room
- Access to indoor pool, sauna, and fitness center
- Moments from Ergo Arena and other Gdańsk attractions
Best Overall – Mercure Gdanks Posejdon
- Excellent location with a beautiful surrandings
- Fitness & welness centre
- 3-minutes walk from sandy beach
- Unique and innovative dishes, served on black stone plates
- A wide variety of wines from around the world
- Guest are welcome to have drink or meal in the garden
So there you have it – our top picks for where to stay in Gdansk. We hope our post was helpful and that you are now inspired to book your stay in this simply amazing city. If you need any help deciding which of these accommodation options is right for you, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us – we would be more than happy to assist!